About my research

My research was set in the context of the European Commission’s eTwinning initiative and it looked specifically at the use of eTwinning Learning Events (non-formal learning). It examined how the community influences the development of teachers’ competence in online collaboration and discourse, and it considered the contribution of social aspects and online moderation.

I am very grateful to my supervisor, Dr. Julie-Ann Sime from Lancaster University, and to my eTwinning soulmate, Tiina Sarisalmi, for their invaluable support. And to my examiners, Prof. Marilyn Leask from the University of Bedfordshire and Dr. Don Passey from the University of Lancaster, for their valuable advice.
Keywords: online learning communities; community of inquiry; online collaboration; content analysis; social presence; social ties; teacher training

Sunday 11 April 2010

Getting started

This is my first foray into blogging. It's never easy to start, but here we go.

I aim to keep these pages up to date as I progress through my research activities, sharing my thoughts and my experiences. I hope you find them useful. Do please leave me a comment (bottom of the page) or send me an email (see my full profile). It's nice to have feedback.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Brian,
    I am delighted I have found your blog! I will be following it. Keep up the good work!
    (memories from Seville, February...)
    Daniela from Romania.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a small world Daniela. I am really glad you found my blog - it shows that it is working.

    I look forward to our ongoing dialogue on this topic!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete